Thursday, August 5, 2010

I got some Seoul, but it's not the place for me

I recently visited Seoul...and I realized, that while living in Korea, that it has been and is the spot for foreigners to go. If you want the real culture shock of Korea...you need to head to my neck of the woods...good ol' Changwon. It made me realize, that I love traditional Korea.

Seoul is the place you go, if you are living here, where you either: want to party, want some good food from back home (in my case Taco Bell), want to see and talk to people that speak your language and ride a really cool subway. The system there is awesome...and it really is a nice place to escape to, but not live, if teaching in Korea...if you want a REAL Korean experience. It is basically the New York of Korea...a melting pot of all cultures.

Don't get me wrong, there are some beautiful places there...but it's a little to familiar and a little to close to the North Korean border for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment