Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hadong Nightmare....

The weather has been so beautiful and being the adventurous person that I am, Nickole and I decided to meet up with some friends Camping in Hadong, for the fifth annual Green Tea Festival. I was totally game for taking in some green tea flavored products. It seemed like a good idea...but boy, I was wrong.

The day started at 9:00am on Saturday...to honestly say, it was the earliest I had ever been up, since being in Korea. We took the train from Changwon...which made me remember how much I really love the train. I love the man who bows at the front of each car and the seats and their ability to move. Once we arrived, we met up with our friends and took the next bus to Hadong. It was beautiful; it was sunny and everything we had expected. We booked a room in the nearest motel and headed towards the festival.

The festival was everything that one could expect, green tea all around me. Nickole and I walked all around and were pretty satisfied with what we found. She got painted napkins for her family and I attempted to enjoy the green tea soju and wrote a letter home. After we got our fill, we met up with our friends that were camping.

After heading to the campsite, we enjoyed a few drinks by the campfire and a nice swim in the river. After freezing our butts off, we thought it was time to head back to our room. We started to hike back, but we realized, finally, that we were gonna need a cab. Once we were half way to the road, we had realized that we had lost our shoes...no good...especially while walking through the jungle, well at least that is what is seemed like. We continued to trek onwards anyway, finally we got to the road and into a cab...the downer, is that I had lost my wallet. We had one site in mine and that was heading to our room and then home.

After spending the night and leaving our room, we asked around and looked for the lost goods, but there was no luck. Until, arriving back in Changwon...I had a great friend who was willing to help me recover the damages. So, in the long run...a great trip, that had it's downers, but will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment